Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pinning on a lazy Sunday



What a lazy Sunday.  We've been just hanging out and watching movies with the kiddos.  It's been sprinkling on and off around here and looks like this heat wave just might be headed on out the door!  Yay!!!


lol!! He can have it!


Let's make way for Fall!!!

So we all probably know and love Pinterest by now.  If you don't I highly suggest you go check it out.  It's just a wonderful little cyber world full of DIY inspirations, beautiful pictures, recipes and some great and funny quotes among many, many other things.  It's also a fun way to see what your friends and followers like and are inspired by too.  


I never really thought about Pinterest being anything other than my go to spot for inspiration and my place to "house" such said inspirations but it can easily become a great social media tool for your blog or website. 

Just like Facebook or Twitter you can easily add a Pinterest button for your followers to follow along with you.
First you'll need to get a Pinterest account if you don't have one already.  If you are needing an invite, just let me know and i'll be happy to do that for you.  It's much faster to start up through an invite than waiting for the Pinterest team to approve you for an invite.

Once you get set up just go check out the "goodies" section under your "about" tab you will find easy instructions to add a "Follow me" Pinterest button.

Here's how to grab a Pinterest button
http://pinterest.com/about/goodies/
There's a few different styles to choose from and they will all link everyone back to your account.

You can also find directions to add a "Pin it" button to your website.
What's really cool is to see who's pinned something from your blog or website.
I checked mine out and had a ton of folks pinning my Mason Jar Soap Dispenser tutorial.  Which was by the way, the easiest thing i've EVER made!!!!!  lol

To see who's been pinning you and what they've been pinning, just copy this link and add your website or blog address and you'll be able to see who pinned what.  It's really kinda cool :)
http://pinterest.com/source/monogramboutiquems.blogspot.com/

That's about all for my lazy Sunday.  Every time I say that or hear someone say "lazy Sunday" I totally think of the SNL skit "Lazy Sunday". (Mr. Pibb + Redvines = crazy delicious..it's all about the Hamiltons baby!)  Makes me laugh every time! :)

Y'all check back with me this week, i've got a really, really cute hanging kitchen towel tutorial to show you.  It's way easy and a great project to alter around for all the holidays coming up.

I've also got a big 1 year blog anniversary coming up at the end of the month with some great give aways!  You won't want to miss out :)

Y'all have a great Sunday!

Many blessings,
Laura






3 comments:

Delaney said...

Love Pinterest!

xinex said...

Hi Laura. I joined Pinterest but haven't done anything to it. I need to learn what to do....Christine

Kerri said...

I need that Mason Jar tutorial! Love them :) gonna check it out...