Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge Day 3 Halloween traditions

Day 3 of  Neely and Amber's Fall blog challenge is all about Halloween traditions and memories.

Oh how I love Halloween!!!
It's the kid in me :) or maybe just the hopes that I'll replenish my stash of Milky Way's! lol

I have so many fond memories of when I was young and going trick or treating.  Back then we didn't go out and buy costumes, we scavenged through the house and came up with something.  Nor did we have to take our bag of candy to the local hospital and have it x-rayed.  My how times have changed.

My silly UPS man a couple years back

I still make memories with the little ones running around.  I definitely don't try to buy the kids costumes and do for the most part make them myself.  Although they would much rather go and buy the $25 cheap polyester costume from that mega store that sucks you in like a tornado when you drive by but I do my best to convince them otherwise :)

Every year I cook chili for us older folks and depending on mood i've been known to make homemade pizza for the younger ones.  Always have apple dumplins and even though the weather is unpredictable down here that time of year, I make hot cocoa.  

I love, love, love all the holiday movies and now I almost have to force the kids to watch Charlie Browns "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" but they watch it, even if it's under duress! lol


Bubba and our friend ready to load up on candy!  That's right y'all we're driving around pulling a trailer with a golf cart!


The last few years we've headed over to this or that friends house for their party.  We bring our trailer and load up all the kiddos on the back with some hay and make the loop around their neighborhoods.  My neighbors are all elderly and as soon as the sun goes down they hit the bed so no trick or treating around here! lol


Anyway, we always enjoy Halloween around here and expect to have a blast again this year!

Do any of you out there have any traditions or fond memories?

Hope you all are having a fabulous week and stop on back by for my 1 year blogaversary give away post!

Many blessings,
Laura

No comments: