Monday, September 19, 2011

Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge Day 1

Hey y'all!
I'm joing Amber and Neely this week (and hopefully next) for their Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge Day.

Today's challenge is Fall Traditions.

Seeing as i'm a big Fall/Winter kinda girl I load up the family with traditions, sometimes overload if you ask them so don't ask them!

I used to watch 'Martha' back in the day (the 90's for those who don't know my days) and she made baked apples, cored out with brown sugar, butter and cinnamon in them.  
This are the one thing that doesn't change up from my routine.  The first cool day in September I make a batch of these for the kids when they get home after school.  My goal is to make a comfort memory for them to remember when they get older and families of their own.  I also make a easy baked apple dumplin recipe that they love and i'll be sharing that later on with you :)


                             





I'm also a big Halloween mom!  I love dressing the house and the kids up, even though the kids are old enough to pick out their own and don't wanna be what I want them to be anymore :(  The house is decked out and we will be trick or treating at old town square (just blocks away).  It's really fun to see all the old antique shops, bakery's and clothing stores "dressed up" for Halloween!  


Katrina, Bubba and Hayley
We go pick out pumpkins and carve them up.  My Hayley has really been getting into the pumpkin carving thing.  All I can do is the eyes, nose and mouth in triangles!

          
That's my little Cowboy #27 on the right and Katrina cheering on her Cowboys!  How cute are they!!!

Of course from August through mid November we are riddled with football and cheerleading.  Go Cowboys :)  The kids keep us running on Saturdays watching their games and I wouldn't have it any other way.  
    VS.  
Then there's the Arkansas and Ole Miss game.  Since i'm a Razorback kinda girl who married a Rebel we are a little house divided and have got to watch that game for sure!  I'm fairly sure my Hogs are gonna stomp those Rebels this year :)  Get ready!!!

Pumpkin spiced latte at Starbucks is back in season but I also like the comfort of my own home and my pumpkin spiced Coffeemate creamer.  Cheaper and I don't have to leave the house :)

Well those are some of my Fall traditions.

I hope you all are having a wonderful week and if you have a chance, stop on by Neely and Amber's blog and join in on the Fall festivities!

If you follow me or would like to follow along, please do!  I've got my 1 year blogaversary coming up this week and have a fabulous give away planned!!!!

Many blessings,
Laura

2 comments:

xinex said...

Great Fall traditions, Laura. I love the apples. I hope your kids will continue the legacy...Christine

mississippi artist said...

Yum, I love baked apples.I'm crazy about decorating for Halloween too.