Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chocolate Peanutbutter Eclair cake anyone?

Ok this cake is just about to die for!  I made it in a matter of minutes and then texted a picture to my UPS man. 
He was trying to figure out all day what he had done right to deserve me making the cake.  I'll never let him know I saw it on Plain Chicken's website and couldn't wait to try it.  
Look now if y'all haven't stopped by and visited Stephanie, you don't know what you're missing!! 

She's got some of the best tasting recipes, easy directions, quick and simple.  Just the way I need it for this busy family (especially during football season!) 

Whew!
they are wearing me out


Anyway here's the recipe and a pic of mine.  Of course they aren't as pretty as Stephanie's but who cares cause it was delish!!!!!

                                 
                     (um Stephanie @Plain Chickens pic)                                              (and my pic)        

Stephanie's pic/my pic, Stephanie's pic/my pic, Stephanie's pic/my pic

Please y'all there is no need to let me know how sad my pic looks up next to hers.  I must advise you that after making and tasting it, I could care less what it looks like....it's scrump-diddle-e-umptous

Peanut Butter Chocolate Eclair Cake
1 box chocolate graham crackers (there will be a few graham crackers left over)
2 (3 1/4-ounce) boxes vanilla instant pudding
1 cup peanut butter
3 1/2 cups milk
1 (8-ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
1 can chocolate frosting
Spray the bottom of a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom of the pan with whole graham crackers. In bowl of
an electric mixer, mix pudding with milk and peanut butter; beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped
topping. Pour half the pudding mixture over graham crackers. Place another layer of whole graham crackers on top of
pudding layer. Pour over remaining half of pudding mixture and cover with another layer of graham crackers.
Heat the container of prepared frosting, uncovered in the microwave for 1 minute. Pour over the top of the cake.
Refrigerate for at least 12 hours before serving. 

Refrigerate for 12 hours!!!!! Seriously?!?!?!?!?!?! I don't know who she was kidding cause I didn't think I was gonna be able to wait till the kids got home from school.  AND 12 hours we did not make it too.  I guess I should strongly advise you wait the 12 hours cause it does need to set but if you can't, like me, then it's just as good all unset! :)

Hope you all are having a wonderful week!

I am busy working on Christmas items and football and cheer team gifts.  Ahhhh!!!! What do you get 18, 9 & 10 year old boys that's not girly?
Yeah, I don't know either :(

Many blessings,
Laura


2 comments:

Steph@PlainChicken.com said...

It looks great! I love this recipe!

mississippi artist said...

My hubby would love this cake too, of course it might give him another heart attack! How about making homemade key chains for the 18 year olds? Or you could monogram hats with the team name for all of them-even the little ones.