Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cheer camp hair bows!

Hey y'all!

Thought i'd show you my quick pinwheel hair bows that I whipped up for Katrina's cheer squad for cheer camp.
I'm gonna tell ya, you don't know what you're missing until you've been to cheer camp.  I will also say that it was quite a shock during the awards ceremony that they asked us coaches to come up front and do our best kick or jump.  What's even more shocking is the fact that I made it up off the floor and back down without severely hurting myself! LOL!  Thank goodness my UPS man wasn't fast enough with the camera for that one :)
Anyway, here's a simple pinwheel hair bow.
You can make these curly ribbons by wrapping them around a dowel rod.  I secure the ends with clothes pins.  Put  them on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake for 20 mins on 250.  It does come up a little stink baking those ribbons so you might want to turn a fan on or open a window for a bit.

They'll come out looking like this.

Take your pin wheels and add the curly ribbons or whatever flair you like.
             
I also like to add covered buttons from matching dresses. 

Or look at these cute theme buttons i'll be putting on the girls football hair bows for the games.  

Hot glue your pin wheels to the hair barrette or clip (I use lots of hot glue).  Pull off any fly away glue webs and you've got a cute hair bow.

Once you get the hang of it, it literally takes about 30 minutes from start to finish!

If you'd like a full tutorial on making pinwheel hair bows or the boutique bows, check out Birdsong Bows.  Deanna has the best tutorials and if you follow her on Facebook, she is always doing a flash sale here and there and you can find great deals!

I'm going to be linking to Get Your Craft on Tuesday over at Today's Creative Blog.....come on over and join me :)

If you haven't stopped by and signed up for my 100th post give away you better hurry!!!! I'll be drawing a winner on Friday!  

Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!

Many blessings,
Laura

No comments: