Friday, July 15, 2011

The bacon Gods have spoken!

I found this website last week or so called Plain Chicken and Stephanie has the bestest recipes EVAH!!!  If you're looking for something quick that will please everyone, she's got it!

I should just fore warn y'all that this will no doubt be devoured upon release from the oven.  I at first didn't understand why she "a.k.a.'d" it "crack bread" but now I know :)

My family seriously ska-dooshed (a Kung fu Panda move) the whole loaf within minutes!


Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls (a.k.a. Crack Bread)

1 unsliced loaf of (round is preferable) sourdough bread 
8-12 oz cheddar cheese, thinly sliced (I used shredded cheese)
3 oz bag Oscar Mayer Real Bacon bits  (I also used real bacon)
1/2 cup butter, melted 
1 Tbsp Ranch dressing mix


Using a sharp bread knife cut the bread going both directions. Do not cut through the bottom crust.

 Place slices of cheese in between cuts. Sprinkle bacon bits on bread, making sure to get in between cuts. Mix together butter and Ranch dressing mix. Pour over bread. 

Wrap in foil the entire loaf in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Unwrap. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.












I did use about 6-8 slices of real bacon instead of bacon bits and you could probably use the turkey bacon if that's your thing but this is a southern home so real bacon it is!

Anyway, I hope you all have a chance to whip this little masterpiece up!  It's on my shopping list again by demand request from my pickiest, youngest eater :)


I'm linking up with Flip Flops & Pearls for a Recipe Swap come on over and join me.


Don't forget to drop by here and sign up for my 100th post give away!


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!


Many blessings,
Laura

10 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Did someone say bacon? Doesn't that just look great, it looks like a perfect munchie for football season too:@)

mississippi artist said...

I am so going to make this! I can practically taste it now!

Steph@PlainChicken.com said...

Looks amazing! So glad you liked it!!

xinex said...

I already ate but this is still making me hungry again, Laura, lol...Christine

Anne said...

This looks pretty good (and easy) and just right to go with the hot bowls of soup we've been having in our cold winter here in Australia.

(Just stopping by from Stone Gable "On the Menu Monday".)

Anne @ Domesblissity

Miss Char said...

I was thinking the same thing...."football season" what a perfect recipe. This looks so simple and delish. Thanks for sharing.

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

This sounds wonderful. I'm drooling right now because I've been watching the carbs lately. I'm saving this for a real treat. Mona

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

What a festive dish to serve at a party! This has fun in every bite!
Thanks for bringing this fabulous bread to ON THE MENU MONDAY!
Yvonne

bj said...

Now, THIS is a recipe after my own heart...Love bacon..love bread..I am making this SOON..
xo bj

Miz Helen said...

Hi Laura,
I am stopping by from OTMM at StoneGable. I just love your recipe for Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls. It is a great idea for a party. We will really enjoy it. Thanks for sharing and have a great week!
Miz Helen