Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mason jar soap dispenser

Ok ya'll this is too easy not to do!!!!

I say this on Pinterest.  If you don't know what Pinterest is you HAVE to go check it out!!! So many inspiring  DIY projects and beautiful pictures.  I love it!!  If you want to join you can sign up for it but it takes FOREVER or you can get an invite from a member.  If you're interested, just let me know and i'll shoot you an invite.  That's the faster way!

Any way.  Here's what you need for this project.



Mason jar (really any jar with lid would probably work)
Pump (I got some liquid soap with pump from Dollar Tree)
Hot glue
Liquid soap 
Hammer and nail

   
All you do is put the lid on the jar and take your hammer and nail and punch a few holes to make a big enough opening for the pump.  I think I punched like 3 holes and then took a screw driver ad pried open the hole all around till I got the opening to where I wanted it.  And yes I was eating Cheerios :)

Take the pump and make sure the "straw" end is short enough and isn't obstructed.  I had to cut mine down quite a bit.
I hot glued all around the inside of the pump and around the edge and then put on the lid.  Wiped away any excess glue so you wouldn't see it on the lid.

Fill jar up with soap and screw lid on tight.




This is so easy and really cute.  I had this soap on hand and think it looks like a glass of milk but the clear looks really pretty and if you're lucky enough to have one of those blue jars that would be beautiful also!

I'm planning on making quite a few of these to put in a little gift baskets for several folks at Christmas.  Yes Christmas, people!!! It's right around the corner and I have to start early!!!!

Well hope you try this and like it!


Thanks for stopping by and come back anytime or follow along if you like.

You can also find me on Facebook at Monogram Boutique or follow along with me at my Twitter and Pinterest account name "lawilkerson".  Send a shout out and i'll follow you back!

Thanks all and many blessings,
Laura

15 comments:

Delaney said...

This is great! I just posted last week about how I need something to do with all my mason jars!
http://sweetteaserendipity.blogspot.com

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Neat idea, it turned out cute:@)

Betsy said...

I love this idea and it's so simple, so many possibilites too. Thanks for the tutorial and the idea about gluing it.
I'm glad you stopped by and thank you for your nice comment.

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

Too cute Laura! Would be great gifts for teachers, huh? Plain cheerios? Ha, I gotta have honey nut cheerios :)

Hope all is going well with you, have not been in blogland much to check on everyone. Been canning and such, and a lot more to go. Take care.

xinex said...

What a great idea, Laura, it's very pretty....Christine

SavannahGranny said...

Awesome!!

Christina (I'm a Mom...What's Your Excuse?) said...

Hi Laura!
Here visiting from Dittle Dattle link party. I love your project and it will be my next one! It would go great with my homemade Liquid hand soap :0)
Christina

Marydon said...

Going to give this a try, Laura. Love it.Hmmmmm, blue jar, have to look for one.

TTFN ~
Have a great weekend ~
Marydon

Susan said...

What a great idea! I will be doing this soon. I have an abundance of mason jars and this will be a perfect use for a few.

I'm new to pinterest and would love an invite.

Susan
suzanmw@yahoo.com

Judi said...

What a great project. I am going to have to give this a try. Thank you for sharing I haven't heard of pinterest but I would be very happy to get an invite through you.
Thank you.
have a lovely evening.
Judi

sweet violets said...

I wanted to make one of these, found directions that I couldn't follow, ended up buying one already made, now will try yours....thank you.....hugs...cleo

Rosemary said...

Thanks for the great idea. I thought what neat idea for Xmas gifts additions..... Would like to join pinterest.

Lana said...

That is too cute! I found you from Between Naps on the Porch... I would love to be invited...sounds like a great place to be inspired!
That little soap dish will be perfect in my little ranch house!
Thank you for Sharing!!!

Clydia said...

Love this idea! I'm going to try it tonight. :) Found you from Between Naps on the Porch and I'm your newest follower. Would love if you would stop by mine...www.threemangoseeds.blogspot.com. XOXO

Raquel English said...

So, so cute. I love it! I'm so going to make one of those. I have actually looked for something like that to buy, and couldn't ever find one. Yay! Thanks, doll :)