Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Crawfish boil & comments

Hey ya'll!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful Memorial weekend and enjoying their Summer.

We sure are.  Got the garden growing and looking good, even though we could use a little rain.  It's been in the 90's for the last week and half and there's really not much you can do in weather like that except lay around in the pool!  So sounds good to me :)

We spent our Memorial weekend at my BIL's.  He had a crawfish boil on Saturday and boy was it good! YUM!!! I believe they cooked four 35lb bags and sweet corn, potatoes and sausage links and there wasn't a single bit left at the end of the night!

The first batch was a little too spicy for my taste but this nice cold concoction helped cool it down :) LOL!

Silly Keke!  She loves Uncle Shorty's cookin' but Bubba, he's awfully picky.  Thank goodness he's too busy to stop and eat anything!

Sunday we just pool hopped and cooked ribs on the grill.  Me and my SIL made potato salad, broccoli, rice and cheese casserole and cooked fresh cabbage on the grill.  Now if you've never had cabbage on the grill you don't know what your missing!  Our friend down the road grew cabbage again this year and i'm telling you it was as big as my head! I've never seen any so big!  It was delish :)

We came back home Monday and back in the groove Tuesday and now this week is a week of cleaning, planning, a little sewing and getting things around to leave on vacation Sunday.  I for one cannot wait! 

Oh, I have to show you what was in the local Kroger store the other day!  Some Woo Pig Chewy!!!!! This is so cool and being a Razorback (born and raised) and transplanted into Coronal Reb land (which I believe is a big black bear or something silly like that!), I have to show my Arkansas pride any way I can :) and the ice cream doesn't taste so bad either! lol!  

I also wanted you all to know i've been checking out your blogs and have tried to comment on some but blogger just hasn't been letting me do so.  I've seen that others are having problems too.  I've downloaded Google Chrome and it automatically let me comment on a post that i've been trying to all night long!!  Hopefully this will work.  I just wanted you to know i'm still here and have still been "visiting" often and even though this Summer is going to be jammed packed i'm still hopping around and enjoying all of your posts!

Have a wonderful week!

Many blessings, 
Laura

3 comments:

daphne @ flip flops and pearls said...

These BLOGGER issues are getting over ridiculous!!!

Those crawfish look so freakin good.....I LOVE MUDBUGS!!!!

I hope you all have a great vacay:)

Happy Tuesday Friend

mississippi artist said...

Oh I love a crawfish boil. It all looks delicious. We need rain desperately, I am already losing stuff!

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
Did you say come on over for a Crawfish party !! We love the little Mudbugs sweet lady. I hope you have a Great Week sweet lady.
XXOO
Diane