Thursday, June 9, 2011

Baby shower gift tutorial

Hey ya'll!

I've been a busy bee this week getting things together to leave for vacation.  The kids have been in bible school all week and i've had lots of unfinished sewing projects going on.  I seriously found a pair of pants someone asked me to hem up like 7 months ago!!!! I feel terrible!

Anyway, got all the little side projects done and we've got a wedding and baby shower the day before we leave for vacation so I whipped up a little baby shower gift and thought I'd share it with you all :)
I made her some burp cloths out of the old fashioned Gerber tri-fold cloth diapers.  I need to find a better quality tri-fold.  If any of ya'll know of a better brand, please let me know.

Found a really cute pack of girly wash cloths and folded each individual one in three long strips then rolled them in the shape of a lollipop.  

I secured them with a straight pin and covered with some netting,  stuck a little popsicle stick on the under side of the "lollipop", tied off with a matching ribbon and trimmed up the netting.

I rolled two of the burp cloths and secured with a clear rubber band.  Then wrapped the remaining one around  both and tied with matching ribbons.  Then just stuck the lollipop wash cloths in them.  

DSC04663.jpg
I think it turned out pretty cute.  Different and a little more creative that just wrapping them up in a gift bag.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will be MIA next week enjoying the mountains and some nice spring water and be relaxing pool side!  I can't wait :) :)  I'll for sure take plenty of pics and share with you all when I get back!

Many blessings,
Laura

2 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Your gift is really cute! Happy Vacation:@)

Jen said...

Oh my gosh!! Those are so cute! And it looks like something even I could do!! Thanks for the great ideas :)