Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What i've been up too.

Well ya'll nothing exciting that's for sure.
Just a lot of duck and cover.

We've had severe storms here since Monday and last night from about 4:30 till about 3 this morning just a continual poundage of rain, heavy winds and tornado warnings EVERYWHERE!

Katrina got a little spooked after we lost power and her and Bubba slept on the couch.  We had to light up the candles and kerosene lamp.  I guess it's a good thing I love me some candles and have a good stock :)

We finally got power around 4:30 this morning and when I took the kids off to school we noticed our neighbor across the street.  Their tree had fallen down straight from the roots!  It did miss their house and everyone is ok, praise God.

This is my side screen door and it's probably demolished....My UPS man says he can fix it :)

Of course Gerttie wasn't fazed one bit.  These dogs are so silly they don't make a peep when the sirens go off but you let one of the neighbors roll out their garbage and they will not be quiet!!! Unbelievable!
They do stay under my feet when it's bad outside :)  I guess they're watching out for momma :)

Well I hope all ya'll are doing ok out there.  Hopefully i'll have something more fun to post about later on this week besides bad weather.

Joining Ms. Kara at Elements Interiors for her Whassup Wednesday party cause this is all that's up with me this week :)
Stay safe and many blessings,
Laura

10 comments:

Tricia said...

Glad you're all okay! We had tornado sirens last night at bedtime -- not fun! But today is gorgeous -- sunny skies!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Such a shame the neighbor lost his tree, glad it missed the house though! Cute pup and funny, my UPS man won't do house repairs for me:@)

Entertaining Women said...

Having lived in 'tornado alley my entire life', I totally understand your situation. Glad that you are all safe. The extreme weather always makes me wonder how people can fail to believe in a mighty God...along with many other things. Thank you for stopping by my post. Cherry Kay

daphne @ flip flops and pearls said...

Praise the Lord y'all are okay!!!

I am so sadden by all the devastation still going on:(

Blessings & Hugs to ya friend!

mississippi artist said...

Glad you are o.k. Wehave had tornadoes in a circle, every town around us-we are so lucky, but it was scary!I was in the hall long enough to paint it-next time I just might do it.

SavannahGranny said...

Please take care. There has been so much terrible weather and tragic loss of life. I pray for all those in harm's way.
Thanks for you visit and sweet comments. Hugs, Ginger

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

That tree is really something, Laura. I'm glad everyone is okay. I'll bet your kids were sad they even had to go to school! Hugs, Kim

Marlis said...

Prayers for better weather. Thanks for dropping in with your kind comments.

xinex said...

Glad you're ok, Laura and I am glad your neighbor's tree did not fall on their house. Thanks for the birthday greeting!...Christine

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

You gotta love the UPS man! Glad to hear that everyone is okay.