Monday, April 4, 2011

Shabby chic lamp

Hey ya'll!
Well this weekend has been beautiful unfortunately we're all fighting some viral thingy around here.  My poor son has been laid up on the couch since Thursday after school and didn't move or eat until late Saturday.  Believe me, he NEVER is still, so you know somethings wrong.  I've had bad headaches earlier this week and been awfully tired and then Friday night my Katrina's stomach started hurting her. 
BOO to the bug!

Anyway we're all feeling better now and hopefully the weather will cooperate so I can get outta this dreary depression. :(
I recently dug out this old lamp from the camper.  It used to be in my MIL's beauty shop and i'm not sure how old it is but the poor shade disintegrated when I took it off.  The original shade was a drum shade but I found an old trumpet shaped shade that will work. 
There's no nicks or chips in the lamp and just needed a little cleaning with some soapy water and toothbrush.
I love the roses.  The picture lighting isn't so good but they are all pastel colors, pink, blue, yellow and peach. 

The base needed a little spray paint and i'm not sure what it looked like before it rusted over.  I'm not crazy about the color of the paint I used but I had it on hand so it'll work for now.  I'm thinking about repainting it a cream color.
 I made the shade out of an old pillowcase my Granny made me like 22 years ago.  It's seen better days and had a large tear on one side but stuff like that I can't bear to throw out.  I'm a little sentimental like that.  :) 
A little ribbon trim along the bottom :)


I just ran a band of elastic along the top and it just fits over the old shade....It worked out perfectly for this project and if I ever wanna change out fabric it'll be easy peasy to do.  Sorry for the dark pictures, it's dreary here today and there's tornado warnings and thunderstorms :(  Let's pray a tree doesn't fall on the house or camper or cars or garden......or me :p  you think i'm pushing it?  LOL!

Oh!  I had to show you my new favorite part of Katrina's room....the mirrors!  I think they are so cute.  I got them from a Home Interiors sale for like $4.95 for all three and I think the shipping was more than the actual cost!  BOO!  I love them anyway and that's Keke's little fashion bust frame.  You can go in there any time of the day and she's changed the clothes on it....she's so funny and loves fashion anything :)
Well I hope you all enjoyed my lamp redo!

I'll be joining these parties this week, come on over and join in!
Susan at BNOTP for Met Monday
Carrie at Dittle Dattle for Amaze Me Monday
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Party
Debbie at Debbiedoos Bloggin for her Newbie Party
Dominique at Craft Couture for Craft Couture Monday
Ms. Kara at Elements Interiors for Wassup Wednesday
Ms. Tammy at Type A for Anything Goes
and
Ms. Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow us Wednesday
Thanks for stopping by and come back anytime!

Many blessings,
Laura

2 comments:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

That is so cute Laura!~ Thanks for joining my newbie party. Have fun.

Tammy @ Type A said...

so pretty, i love lamps, and this one has a great look to it. thanks for sharing this at my party!