Monday, April 25, 2011

Rain, rain go away~

Well at least till this Summer when we need it!

Hey ya'll
:)
Well me and the kiddos are holed up in the house trying to wait out this second round of tornado warnings and thunderstorms.
We had some pretty heavy storms earlier around noon today and it's supposed to hit here around 10:30-10:45.  I usually don't freak out during tornado watches or warnings but a couple of years ago we had a tree go down on the neighbors side just missing their home by inches and that was just from heavy winds.  I was upstairs at the time and came down running.  My UPS man is no big fan of storms and when he heard me run he "broke camp" too! LOL

We've also had winds blow down our storage building that my BIL and UPS man had just got framed up the day before and ~wosh~ gone!

A couple of weeks ago when storms came through again, the winds took down a utility shed that my UPS man had just framed.  It's kinda funny and we've laughed about it.  My UPS man said "I can fix anything mechanical, electrical and plumbing but God just didn't make me a carpenter"....LOL

Here's some pictures of our tree from a couple of years ago.

Straight up from the roots.

It took out the neighbors cable and phone line also.  That's how close it was to their house.

and fence

Well, I'm gonna go for now and pray that it just passes on by.  They're also predicting storms again tomorrow early evening.......will I ever get the rest of my garden planted :(

Ya'll take care!

Many blessings,
Laura

2 comments:

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

Hey, hope ya'll are safe. It is suppose to hit here about 1am. Hope and pray everyone is safe. I can't sleep so I thought I would come to blog land before we lose electricity.

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

My goodness girl! Thank God you are all OK!!~ We have a lot of roof damaged homes in our area due to a hail storm a couple of weeks ago. It was the size of golf balls.