Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Tablescape

Happy Easter ya'll!!!

If you know me you know I love the holidays, any holiday and Easter is no exception :)

Of course Easter to me is the promise of many things to come, Spring, flowers in bloom, trees in their full glory but most importantly the resurrection and the promise of forgiveness and life everlasting.

I also love seeing the little ones, bigger ones too, all decked out in their Easter best, being together as a family and just enjoying the day, food, egg hunts and each others company.

This Easter we're gonna be just taking it easy here at the house.  Will probably do a little egg hunt for the kiddos and I have a Easter brunch planned and late afternoon dinner and then of course they (meaning the UPS man) will just snack the rest of the evening :)

Here's a little Easter tablescape I set up for the mid-morning brunch. 

Mr. Bunny and his egg tree :)

Layered up dishes are a mix match of green from Kroger (I love these cause they are so thick and heavy), the white is an Ascot china from Japan, silver trimmed and green pattern called Dawn Mist by Sango and white bowl also from the Ascot set.

MIL silver

My Craig's list crystal find :) (you can see more of that here)and the green champagne flutes are from Dollar Tree and i've been waiting for the right setting to use these!

I'm not sure what this silver piece is supposed to be....maybe a sugar or creamer container....it took a LOT of polishing is all I know :)  It holds what is left of my azalea blooms after last nights storms...praise God there was no damage to our property.

The yellow place mats are from World Market, which is no longer here :(

Here's my cute little Easter basket from Lifeway Christian book store.  "Lord the earth is filled with Your faithful love" Psalm 119:64


I hope you enjoyed my little tablescape and most of all want to wish you all a wonderful Easter weekend and happy times with your family and friends.

I'll be joining Ms. Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for her Tablescape Thursday, ya'll come join in :)

Many blessings,
Laura

12 comments:

Katherines Corner said...

this is lovely. I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Wishing you happiness, Hugs from Katherine

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Very pretty, great spring colors. Lovin' the design of the dawn mist dishes! Happy Easter:@)

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

A brunch sounds wonderful Laura. I love your egg topiary, did you make it? Your table looks great as usual. Hope you and your family have a great Easter. We are having horrible weather right now.

mississippi artist said...

Very pretty. I love the egg topiary. Happy Easter.

Entertaining Women said...

The green and white stacked plates are lovely, and I adore the Easter egg topiary. Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you. I think that you look well organized. Thank you for sharing your darling design. Cherry Kay

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady. Your Easter egg Topiary is Beautiful sweet lady. I hope you and your family have a Great Easter. I do love all your lovely comments Thanks so much.
XXOO
Diane

we three dogs and me said...

The geen dishes are very pretty. I can think of a lot of tablescapes with them. Love your egg tree. Hope you have a wonderful Easter with your family.

Marigene said...

Love the green and white, it sings of springtime. Cute Easter egg tree!
Happy Easter to you and yours, Laura.

GardenofDaisies said...

Your little egg topiary is cute!! I like the soft greens you used on the table.

Dining Delight said...

Cute egg topiary tree! Your dishes are very pretty. Sounds like you have a wonderful Easter planned - Hope it is happy and blessed!

DD

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Your table looks lovely. I love the Sango china pattern...beautiful. The egg tree is darling. We are having a quiet day at home this year too...sounds good to me this year!

Thanks again for your visit!

xinex said...

This is so cute, Laura. I love your centerpiece. I love all the pastels on the table, so springy. Happy Easter!...Christine