Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sleep-over tablescape

I SURVIVED!!!
Yes, last Friday was my daughter's late birthday sleepover and I survived 5 10 year old girls, 2 dogs a cranky teenage daughter and a 6 year old boy who's goal in live is to torture his sister!
Isn't there a medal out there for this valiant feat?  I guess not....I guess that's just all part of being what they call a "mom"

I don't mind at all
:)

I thought i'd show you all how we "did up" the table for her "girly feast".

Homemade strawberry cupcakes with buttercream frosting.  Decorated, of course in pink and green :)

Some chocolate covered strawberries

Fruit parfait.....these were actually a big hit and there wasn't a single one left.  The girls really thought they were fancy with these champagne flutes.  They are not real glass but plastic ones I found on clearance at Garden Ridge many years ago.

Chips, homemade Pancho's dip, pizza and lemonade rounded out the menu.

Each girl got a cute little puppy that we bought on 75% off clearance after Valentines day and a box filled with a fortune cookie (I found a whole box of fortune cookies at Dollar tree), fingernail polish, scented purse hand sanitizer, lip gloss ring, bubbles and candies. 

They all had a great time, danced, sang and did a fashion show for me and my older daughter.  I had to take my heels away from Katrina 2 days later....all that clankin around was a little too much! lol!

Hope you all enjoyed our little tablescape.  Thanks for stopping by and come back and visit me anytime or follow along if you like. 

Check back in with me later this week for my birthday give away :)

I'll be joining Ms. Susan at BNOTP for Tablescape Thursday

Many Blessings,
Laura

6 comments:

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

Oh what fun! Been there and done that for almost 11 years now and I know those girls are a handful! You made memories that will last for a life time tho. Cute decor and food you came up with.

Entertaining Women said...

So much fun! I know that your daughter felt like a princess. Thank you for sharing your amazing party table and for stopping by my post. Cherry Kay

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Both the food and the decor is adorable for this. Absolutely precious, and I know those girls must have had a blast. You get an A+ for not only having such a cute 'scape, but for surviving the kiddos! LOL! Love it!

XO,

Sheila :-)

xinex said...

What a fun birthday party, Laura. Happy birthday to your daughter. The food looks so pretty and scrumptious. Those parfaits are to die for!...Christine

mississippi artist said...

I know your daughter enjoyed this. The food looks yummy, and the gifts are so cute.

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Laura,
what a darling idea for your daughters girly party. They do so love stuff like that! so bet they had the time of their life. What a cute idea to make the fruit parfait in the fluted glasses. Everything looked wonderful, and I am sure they loved their take home gifts very much.
blessings, Nellie
Oh, and Happy Birthday to your daughter.