Monday, March 28, 2011

~Chair Makeover~

Hey ya'll!

All I wanna know is, where the hickety heck did Spring go?
If Mr. Groundhog ever makes his was down here for a visit with me he better be prepared to run, cause i'm out for blood!

Whew! Spring break for the kids is finally over.  My two little ones had theirs a couple of weeks ago and then my older daughter had hers this past week.  We had a good time together but now it's back to school so I can get back to work (and peace :)!

My Katrina had her "late birthday sleepover party" on Friday night, so we had spent a lot of time last week refurbishing some furniture pieces to go in her room.  Of course I had to start by cleaning the dang room.....i'm afraid we're going to be seeing that poor child on an episode of Hoarders.  If you think there's no such thing as a child hoarder, you're wrong.  She has some sort of paper/office supply thing going on and there's just purses and drawers of it EVERYWHERE in her room!  I thought I would never dig out of it.
But alas, we did and got everything done in one day. 

Thought i'd share one of the chairs we redid. 
Sorry this was the only before photo I had...it's super old cause my little Katrina was just 3 in this pic.  The chair is just an old wooden chair my MIL gave my husband years ago.  My BIL has one that matches it too.  The cushions were blue and I had recovered it when we first got it and it's been in hiding ever since.

 
So.....we dug it on out gave it a little painting love....

 and I dug in my old fabric scraps and found this cute print!  I have promised (only to myself) not to buy any more fabric till I use up all my stash and it's quite a lot.....guess I'm going to be making Christmas presents soon.

Here's the finished product!  Woo! Hoo! for girly rooms!  I know, I know there's stuffed animals all over the place.....above.....below.....around.....believe me we've purged those out a couple of times already and it's like they multiply.

Oh and remember the coffee filter wreath I did for Valentines day?  You can see that here.  Well, like I said it ended up in the princess' room......go figure :)

Well, glad you stopped by and come back soon!  I've got a coffee table makeover i've done and a makeover of an old manicurist chair that came from my MIL's beauty shop.  It's too cute!  Got a delicious coconut cake recipe just ahead and pictures of the sleepover party....so stop on by when you get a chance!

I'll be joining these parties this week
Susan at BNOTP for Met Monday
Carrie at Dittle Dattle for Amaze Me Monday
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Party
Debbie at Debbiedoos Bloggin for her Newbie Party
Dominique at Craft Couture for Craft Couture Monday
Ms. Kara at Elements Interiors for Wassup Wednesday
Ms. Tammy at Type A for Anything Goes
and
Ms. Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow us Wednesday

Ya'll have a wonderful Monday!

Many blessings,
Laura

7 comments:

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

Love those bright colors. I too have loads of fabric scraps but I am thinking about donating to some lil ole ladies for quilting or something? They would probably never ever use some of the bold things that I buy tho. Have a great one!

emilysnan said...

hiya visiting from craft couture and am your latest follower x i love how your chair turned out so vibrant and the wreath looks great oer the bed too and ps i know what you mean when you say that those stuffed animals seem to multiply !!! tfs and hopw to see you over at mine sometime
xmaggiex

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

That is adorable. I love her stuffed animals too..they make a girls room. Thanks for joining my newbie party. We have Spring break in a couple of weeks.

mississippi artist said...

When you said your daughter was a hoarder, I thought of my boys. One of them was always neat and everything around him had to be-the other would wear rags-and still will.We once had a house where they shared a room-thank goodness it was a big room, they fought all the time about keeping it clean versus not giving a rip!

Kim said...

Looks amazing! I love it.

Tammy @ Type A said...

love it! great job, it really looks cute in her room. thanks for linking to my party!

Dominique @ Craft Couture said...

LOVE! Thanks for linking up!