Sunday, February 6, 2011

~Valentine up-do~

Hey ya'll!  I saw that Debbie at Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbing was having another "newbie" party so since I still meet the criteria I thought I'd join in but what quick and crafty project can I do to share with ya'll?
Then I remembered my little fashionista wanted a Valentine hair bow......so here ya go!

There's several tutes out there for these hair bows and they are easy breezy!
Just cut out a circle of felt that will cover the hair clip you decide to use...I used an alligator clip...they're easy on the little ones hair and easily adjustable.....you can also use one of those lapel pins and attach to your coat, purse or whatever.  I hot glued the felt to the clip but you can sew it on there if you like.
Then I cut like 15-20 circles of a red corduroy material.  I think most of the tutorials are using jersey material but the corduroy worked great and it was scrap and therefore free :)  I cut the corduroy around the same size as the felt and none were perfect or the same.....some were uneven......you OCC's (obsessive compulsive crafters) out there will just have to forgive me :) 

I used the same technique on the circles that I used on my coffee filter wreath.....you can check that out here......just hot glue dot in the middle of circle....fold.....hot glue again....then I folded both sides in together....almost rolled it in and it looked more like a bud to me but you can do whatever is easier for you.  It'll look just fine.
I did a bunch of buds at once and then glued them on the felt....starting around the edge first and when done I had to fill in a spot or two.
This took about 20 mins and my daughter loved it!  She's already placed an order for her sleep over birthday party.  Note:  Her birthday or party isn't until March and she's driving me crazy with the details!

Welcome to all you newbies and I hope everyone enjoyed my little tutorial and are having a great Monday! 

Thanks for stopping by and come back anytime or "follow" along if you like!

I'll be joining these party's this week so head on over and join it too!
Of course Debbie at Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbing for her Newbie Party
Ms. Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for her Tabletop Tuesday
Ms. Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Maleah at Little Eme for her Tute Yourself Tuesday 
Tammy at Type A for her Anything Goes party
Kara at Elements Interiors for her Whassup Wednesday
Carrie at Dittle Dattle for Amaze Me Monday
Robin at The T-Shirt Diaries for Upcycled Awesome
and
Ms. Kim at Savvy Southern Style for her Wow Us Wednesday

Many blessings,
Laura

10 comments:

Allyson Pecilunas said...

How cute!! I love it!

Melanie said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I love these. I think I'll have to make some. They would also be really cute as shoe clips to add to flip flops for the spring! I found you at Debbiedoos!

Melanie
www.youmadethat.blogspot.com

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

That is adorable Laura! Thanks for joining in....Have a great day! XO

Pamela said...

This is a very creative idea Laura!!
Pamela :)

Kristin said...

Too cute! Wish I had a girlie at home to make this for!!

Mamarazzi said...

this is a REALLY good tutorial, i love the detail and i am bookmarking this one for the next time my daughter has a slumber party. she is 15 and loves hair accessories.

perfect!!


I am hopping around through the newbie hop to welcome everyone to blogging. I love making new bloggy friends and i especially love helping new blogger grow their following.

Stop by my blog when you have a chance. There are so many FUN things happening over on Dandelion Wishes!!!
We are .....
*Taking Back Monday, one Etsy giveaway at a time. Come enter to win something awesome EVERY Monday!
*Airing our dirty little secrets with Friday Confessional. Confess, link up, feel better...I promise!
*Keeping it positive every weekend with My Happy List. What's on YOUR Happy List this week? Post and link up...it’s a party y'all!
*And there are crowning’s happening for Queen for the Day...finally, the royal recognition you deserve.

SavannahGranny said...

Fantastic job, Mom. You rock! Hugs, Ginger

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

So creative! Thanks for linking up to "Amaze Me Monday"

Tammy said...

thanks for linking to Anything Goes, this is adorable. i wish i could my by daughter to wear them, and that she had a lot of hair! lol

Donnie said...

That really came out well and I love the step by step tutorial. Very pretty.