Wednesday, February 9, 2011

~Valentine for 2~

Here's my Valentine tablescape for me and the UPS man. 
 Seeing as how he works nights our Valentines day is a little "shot" so I'll just wait till he gets home and we'll share a little glass of champagne and chocolate cake brownie.  Sweets for my sweetheart :)
Nothing fancy.  I used the red corduroy material that I did to make my daughters Valentine hair bow, underneath the lace.  You can see the hair bow tutorial here
Just some plain white plates.  I think these glasses are supposed to be used for wine but I use them for water.  Got them from World Market during their close out sale.  The champagne glasses (plastic) are from the Dollar tree.  I thought they were cute and there were 2 in a pack.
Here's a little key for my UPS man so he'll know he has the key to my heart. :)
Little love puppy....My son picked one out last year (when he was 5) for his little girlfriend, Shelby.  He of course picked a matching one out to keep for himself.  He said they had to have matching puppies.....how sweet is that!
Here's the only Johnson Brothers plate I own and I really like it.  I think I got it at a yard sale or the SA.
My red bird candle holder....I rarely use this.
Hope you all enjoyed my Valentine for 2 tablescape and I hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day. 

I'll be joining these party's this week so head on over and join it too!
Debbie at Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbing for her Newbie Party
Ms. Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for her Tabletop Tuesday
Ms. Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Maleah at Little Eme for her Tute Yourself Tuesday 
Tammy at Type A for her Anything Goes party
Kara at Elements Interiors for her Whassup Wednesday
Carrie at Dittle Dattle for Amaze Me Monday
Robin at The T-Shirt Diaries for Upcycled Awesome
and
Ms. Kim at Savvy Southern Style for her Wow Us Wednesday

~Much love~
and
Many blessings,
Laura

9 comments:

Marigene said...

Very pretty, Laura...I used the same plates in my TT this week!

Lori Lucas said...

That's the way to start collections, a dish at a time! Just wait and you will have more than you know what to do with! You did a great job. Lori L

Aledia said...

Just stoppping by and had to take a look at your tablescape, I just LOVE your candleholder!! I hope you enjoy your time with your husband. Have a wonderful night!
Aledia~

Susan (My Place to Yours) said...

Such a sweet Table for Two! When someone holds the key to your heart, ANY day can be Valentine's Day!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Love your dishes Laura! I love, love English transferware. Your tablescape is so very beautiful and romantic!
Hope you can visit me too and see my flowers.
Wishing you a happy Valentine's Day along with your love.
XOXO
FABBY

xinex said...

What a pretty and romantic Valentine tablescape, Laura. And your boy is so cute buying that love puppy for his girlfriend at
5, lol...Christine

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Thanks for your sweet visit this week -- hope you and your UPS man have a very Happy Heart Day!.

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

What a pretty table setting. I really adore the bird candle holder, I've never seen anything like it. I bought my first Johnson Bros. this past year, too :). Blessings, Kim

Entertaining Women said...

Sweet Mister is in Mexico on a fishing trip, so we celebrated Valentines early...a marvelous dinner at my favorite restaurant. I know that your hubby loved your wonderful tablescape...he must have felt very special! Thank you for sharing your charming design and for stopping by my post. Cherry Kay