Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tribute to love tabletop

Well ya'll Valentine's Day will be here before you know it.  I'm still worried about that darn groundhog though.....what's he planning and does he take bribes.....some treats perhaps?  What do they eat anyway?

Oh well, I don't guess there's much I can do about ole' Phil but I can make a cute little Valentine tabletop.

Let me start out by saying my UPS man brought this table and some other furniture home from the "throw away stash" at work.  I had plans for upgrading this table that included a couple cans of spray paint but the rain decided I didn't need to this week....sooooo this will also be a good "before" picture.  HA!  Mother Nature thought she had got me again!  Fooled her :) 
Here's just a simple little side table.  I've added some paper doilies under the lamp and these two cute paper Valentine purses.  I'm going to be giving those filled with some goodies to my 2 older daughters for Valentine's Day. 
This is a picture of my UPS mans mom and dad.  It's a very rare picture seeing as how his dad passed away when he was just 3 years old so he doesn't have too many pictures of him.
I love my wine glass candle.  It's really a candle of sorts.  There's a scented soft gel like substance inside the glass and there's like a hollow spot where you place a tea light.  Then the scent goes throughout the room....it's lovely and looks so pretty when lit.
Silver tray  to add some shine :)
I know, I know....my poor plant in the background :(  there's been NO sun around here so it's been suffering some.  Me and my plants are ready for Spring. 

Well I hope ya'll enjoyed my little love tribute to my MIL and FIL. 

I'll be joining these party's this week so come on by and check them out!

Debbie at Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbing for her Newbie Party
Ms. Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for her Tabletop Tuesday
Ms. Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Maleah at Little Eme for her Tute Yourself Tuesday 
Tammy at Type A for her Anything Goes party
Kara at Elements Interiors for her Whassup Wednesday
Elizabeth at Sew Chatty for Made with love Monday
Carrie at Dittle Dattle for Amaze Me Monday

Come back and visit anytime and follow along if you like! 
Have a great week ya'll and many blessings,
Laura

2 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh how pretty. I love that wine glass, never seen anything like it, what a great find. Of course I love your silver tray and the family picture is perfect. Such a lovely vignette. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I think that is the prefect Valentine vingnette! So pretty!

Happy Tablescape Thursday...

XO,

Sheila :-)