Sunday, February 20, 2011

~Projects, projects and more projects!~

Well we've kicked it in high gear this past week and have been cleaning like crazy folk!

My poor UPS man has wondered what's gotten into me but I really don't think he's complaining too much :)
See I've been into this big house purge since Christmas...and I mean purge....if I (by I, I mean we) haven't used it, seen it, needed it in the past 6 months it's gone! G-O-N-E ya'll!  It's in the trash, on the side of the street or at Goodwill or well on it's way somewhere other than here!  I'm here to tell ya....I'm done with this junk!
Cars, trucks, clothes....junk......D-O-N-E!
Mini Cooper - SOLD!  Can ya'll believe people out there are fightin' over buying this little hunk of metal!  Lordy!  If I'd known it was a quick sell I would'a done sold that little thorn in my side a loooooonnnngggg time ago.....for real!
Look, seriously!  The UPS man had to load it on the trailer with the hay baler...I mean come on!  The funny thing is when we delivered it the guy was all stoked, like "man this baby is in good shape!"....really?  I don't get it.
Whatever.....it's gone! :) :) :)

All that being said, I had my friend go with me to pick up some crystal I bought through craigslist (in case I ran into a physco who had to keep me in his basement or something) and she said "Laura, I thought you were purging your house...now why in the world are you out buying more stuff?".....Um, hello!!!! I'm purging to make more room, FOOL!"  I mean really?  The fact is that if the good Lord called me home today my house could easily...easily, be on the show hoarders.  Not really ya'll but that's how I feel with all this STUFF!
Anywho....thought I'd show you a couple of things I found on Craig's list.

Of course the crystal.  He had it listed for $30 and it was 38 pieces.  When I spoke with him he told me it was Fostoria.  Never heard of them but I look it up and the pieces are pretty pricey.  I go to replacements.com and they have an email address you can send pictures of your items and they will tell you what you have.  So they email me back and it's not Fostoria but Cris d'Arques and the pattern is Longchamp.  Never heard of that either but I love the crystal.
It even come with these little glasses.  My friend said "Those are some fancy shot glasses".....obviously we're pretty country.  I think they are called sherry glasses.

Of course when I got them home I knew I had to get a china cabinet.  So back to craigslist I go.  Found a solid maple one for $150.  SOLD!  Needless to say, we've been doing a lot of moving furniture around yesterday and today but it's all in and lookin' good ya'll! :)

I've got some cool projects coming your way this week so check back with my later on!

I'll also be joining these parties this week so come on back for a visit or hop on over and join up!

Debbie at Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbing for her Newbie Party on Monday
Carrie at Dittle Dattle for Amaze Me Monday
Ms. Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for her Tabletop Tuesday
Maleah at Little Eme for her Tute Yourself Tuesday 
Ms. Kim at Savvy Southern Style for her Wow Us Wednesday
Ms. Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Tammy at Type A for her Anything Goes party
Robin at The T-Shirt Diaries for Upcycled Awesome


Thanks for stopping by and come back anytime, follow along with me if you like!
Happy Monday and many blessings,
Laura

5 comments:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

S C O R E!!~ How fun. Looking good. Thanks for joining me this week..have fun!!~ XO

Kathy said...

I have the Longchamp I think in the champagne glasses....so pretty, nice to meet you Newbie!

mississippi artist said...

Good deals! I am like you, I am so ready to get rid of stuff-now if I can just find the time to do it!

Daniella said...

Excellent finds!!
xxDaniella

SavannahGranny said...

Oh Sweetie, You did good. What a score on the china cabinet. You crystal looks so great in the cabinet. I know what you mean about cleaning out in order to bring in more. I would much rather have the cabinet and crystal than the mini cooper any day. Fab job. Hugs, Ginger