Friday, February 4, 2011

~Projects and high hopes~

I love my UPS man :)  He's pretty awesome.  He sees other peoples junk and says "I think my baby can use that".  Ah true love.....
Here's what he brought home this week.
This was one of those mail slot thingy.  I'm planning on 1st pulling off every ones name...BOOOO!!! Then I think I might take out some shelves to make bigger slots and making a little craft storage unit or linens storage....something....it was free so I'm gonna find something to do with it!  Firewood?  Not to that point yet.
He also brought this table.  Ugly as the day is long people!  I'm thinking some spray paint might make it a little happier.  Once again....free.....soooo if I mess it up and it goes to the basement or worse the curb...no hurt feelings Mr. table.  FYI the skull mounted  deer (for lack of a better term) doesn't usually go there or the gourd (which got put there by one of the kids who was shaking it while chasing the dogs) but I'm waiting on the UPS man to hang it up...it was his 1st kill of the this season....doesn't skull mount sound so vulgar?.....but that's what he calls it.
Then here's the mirror....it's huge.....it's been stuck in a closet for 3 years and should probably stay there BUT.....I have high hopes for this old mirror.....once again it involves some spray paint :) My little man does not know how to NOT make some silly pose...It's on the UPS mans side of the family, I promise ya...."Just stand still and smile!!!"  It doesn't happen but I download the picture and what is funny is Big ole Barrrrr walking by in the mirror and my bissell steam mop in the background (I love that thing!).....priceless
Last week we went to Tractor Supply and I found these wheel barrel planters on clearance for $3!  I told my UPS man, "I don't know why but I need this planter".  There were 2 on the shelf and he bought me both :)  I love him and Tractor Supply.
Now if I could just get mother nature to cooperate so I could get busy.
Come on Spring!
This is the one thing I got accomplished this week....happy cake as my family calls it (which is really just any cake to them)

What are ya'll out there workin' on and does it involve spray paint?  :)

Thanks for stopping by.  Come back anytime and follow along if you like!
Enjoy your weekend!

Many blessings,
Laura

5 comments:

Joy D @ A Glass Act said...

Oh I like the mirror!!! Can't wait to see the finished products!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Looks like you got some work cut out for you. I would use that for shoes...YAY!

Pamela said...

Hi Laura!!

Thank you for visiting my blog and becoming a follower!
I love all the hearts on your blog here...I'm a heart crazy girl!
Pamela :)

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh those white shelves are fantastic!

mississippi artist said...

I think the ugly table could be covered with a skirt and it would be a cute vanity for your little girl. I love the shelf-cubbie thing, would be great in a mud room.