Monday, February 21, 2011

~Mirror Makeover~

Hey ya'll!  Hope you're having a wonderful week!
It's beautiful around here.....weather's perfect, my red birds are flying around :) and we can finally....finally I tell ya, get out of the house!

I wanted to show you this old mirror i've had stashed up in a closet and decided it might just be worth changing up a bit.
Here's how it looked before
And here it is getting prepped by my sweetie! 
And here it is done!
We didn't spray it down solid because it wanted some of the old gold color to come through.  What could it hurt, if I don't like it I can just spray it over again later.  But it did turn out pretty nice.

I used the oil brushed bronze color.
Oh then we went a little spray paint happy and got a hold of this lamp (I need to water that plant...eeeek!)
and candle holder.....:)

Hope you all are having a wonderful Monday!

I'm joining up with these parties this week so stop on by and visit with me!

Debbie at Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbing for her Newbie Party
Carrie at Dittle Dattle for Amaze Me Monday
Ms. Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for her Tabletop Tuesday
Maleah at Little Eme for her Tute Yourself Tuesday 
Ms. Kim at Savvy Southern Style for her Wow Us Wednesday
Ms. Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Tammy at Type A for her Anything Goes party
Robin at The T-Shirt Diaries for Upcycled Awesome

Thanks for stopping by and ya'll come back anytime or follow along with me!
Many blessings,
Laura

7 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

I love ORB. The mirror looks fantastic, such a pretty piece. Love the lamp and the candleholder also. Hugs, Marty

Daphne (Flip Flops and Pearls) said...

I am rolling over here.....you are so funny. I bet you need wine after typing out 12 comments .... maybe next week I will knock it down a few:) I like to talk, ya know! haha

Great job.......Martha better watch her back!

Have a great evening, D

Kathy said...

Ok I am offically jelous of that mirror, I have wanted one just like it, and I love what you did to it!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

What a great mirror! You have a real prize there!
Yonne

xinex said...

You did a great job, Laura. The mirror is gorgeous! It's been really nice here too for the last 2weeks and all this week too. I hope it stays, been in the 70's. Our daffodils and paper whites are blooming...Christine

Tammy said...

i love ORB!!! and mirrors, you did a great job on this one. thanks for sharing this at my party!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Absolutely gorgeous mirror!! Well done~ I love how it turned out! Stopping by from Kims party tonight-stop by and say hello sometime! :)