Wednesday, February 23, 2011

~High Tea~

Welcome ya'll!  I hope everyone is having a wonderful week.  It's been beautiful here this week except for today and it has been cloudy and dreary.  We're expecting thunderstorms all day tomorrow.  I always worry about storms around my house because we have so many trees and they're old and look like they're gonna fall over any minute......right on the house is my fear :(

Anyway, let's brighten up the day with a little tea tablescape.  I'm joining Ms. Laura (what a wonderful name :), at Decor To Adore.  She's hosting High Tea Tablescapes and there's a little twist.  A couple of the most fabulous tablescapers (if that's a word) is going to judge the posts.  Ya'll all know Ms. Susan from Between Naps on the Porch and then there's Ms. Yvonne at Stonegable, these women are amazing.  There's going to be some beautiful tables posted so ya'll grab a cup of tea and head on over to check them out.

I thought I'd break out the blue and white.  Trying to spruce up the dreary day!
Sorry the pictures are so dark
 but the mood is light :)
The white table cloth is overlayed with a vintage linen and gathered up around the corners of the table.  This was actually a twin size fitted sheet that had seen better days.  I cut it down and hemmed the edges up for a crisp table linen.
This was my first tea cups/set I bought.  I found them about 3 years ago at the Goodwill store for $5.99.  4 cups and saucers and serving platter.  I had to do a little research on it and it's Furnivals England and the pattern is Denmark Blue.  Furnivals was formerly known as Thomas Furnival & Sons and in January of 1913 changed their name to Furnivals and in 1968 the company's workings were closed.  I'm glad I stopped in the Goodwill store that day :)

Crisp white linen napkins with a simple blue ribbon and a little bling button for a napkin ring.  Yes, it's really a button.  I love buttons!  My MIL's silver teaspoons and blue and silver salt and pepper shakers (it took me forever to polish those baby's up!)  I'm also using my new/old crystal I just bought last week to serve some fresh lemon water.

 Fresh cut lemons readily available in a relish dish (because I love lemon anything!).  The round blue and white bowl looking piece is actually a candle holder that I brought back from Germany many years ago.  My teapot is a find from the Lifeway Christian store a few years back.  The scripture on the lid says "My house will be called a house of prayer."  Matthew 21:13  The square white plates are actually platters that are usually used in a serving tier. 

 Tea service on my MIL's blue and white serving platter.  The silver single bud vase is one of my recent Salvation Army finds and since I didn't have a chance to grab some fresh flowers today I topped it off with a glass door knob.  I have several of these lying around the house and don't know what to do with them.  It looks like a little bling perched up there. :)

The High Tea Menu at the Wilkerson house will be
Hot Ham & Cheese Sammies
Buttered New Potatoes
Cookie Dough Truffles
Blueberry Muffins
Strawberry Cheesecake Pound cake
Strawberry Tea
&
Iced Lemon Water

Hope you enjoyed your visit.  Thanks for stopping by and come back anytime or follow along if you like.
I'll also be joining
Ms. Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday

 
Many blessings,
Laura

11 comments:

Abi's Blog said...

Beautiful blue! What a wonderful Goodwill find - I NEVER find anything there. :(
Have a wonderful day!
Blessings,
Ava

Aledia said...

Hi! Very pretty setting, and I just love your napkin rings - what a creative idea!! I'll have to try that myself :) Have a WONDERFUL evening!!
Aledia~

The Polka Dot Closet said...

We are having good weather here in Orlando also, we sure would like some of your rain! I love the tablescape! That is so cute to use the sheet and then gather it! It sure looks like high tea to me!

Carol

xinex said...

Beautiful tea setting, Laura. I love that tray very much, what a great buy with the teacup set. Your menu sounds delish. I know what you mean about the trees when there are strong winds. I get so nervous too because we have so many tall tress surrounding the house also and they look like they would get uprooted and fall when the wind is blowing hard....Christine

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh my I am overcome with the beauty and detail that you put into your tea.

What a fabulous idea to repurpose a sheet as your tablecloth!

My heart is going pitter pat over all your china. The white and blue palette is one of my favorites. It is truly lovely.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for participating in the tea.

Tricia said...

Laura, all your blue and white looks so pretty together! What a find those teacups were! I love the idea of using ribbon and a pretty button as a napkin ring. I may have to copy that idea soon! Thanks for your visit to my table this week!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

The blue and white is very pretty, and your MIL's platter is spectacular-enjoy:@)

Johanna said...

Hello,
love your tea table. The blue china is so nice and I love your salt and pepper set. It's a real treasure.
Greetings, Johanna

Marigene said...

Beautiful table, Laura. Love the blue and white china.

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Your table looks so pretty. I love the colors.Really like your blog. Glad I found it!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Blue and white on a white (repurposed) tablecloth is gorgeous! I love the tea pot, and even more so because of the scripture. It is a wonderful reminder that God's door and heart is always open to us!
YOu did a beautiful job making the tea time mosaic! I love looking at all of the details.
Yvonne