Monday, January 10, 2011

What to do on a cold winter day?

Bake a pie......or two!!!!

It's f-f-f-f-f-f-f-fa-freezing here in good old northern Mississippi.  The weather man says we got 6 to 8 inches of snow, maybe a little more tonight.  May not sound like much to some folk but it's a lot for us down here!  I'm hoping it won't be too bad this week, my sweetie drives for good ol' UPS and they don't get "snow days" like the kiddos do.  BOOOOO! 
We had visited today with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law Sunday and they had made homemade chicken and dumplings....DE-lish!
It had started sleeting so we headed on home....quick!
I haven't been feeling well this past week (little scratchy throat and chest cold) so I was glad I put some venison in the crock pot the night before.  So all I did was make yeast rolls and a sweet pea salad. 

Top it off with a chocolate chess pie
or buttermilk pie. 
Good enough!
We're gonna play in the snow 
  and snuggle!!! 
Gerttie didn't like the snow....it wore her out

I hope everyone had a great week and are staying warm.  If you got bad weather heading your way, please stay safe!

If you haven't signed up for my first give away, just click here and join in!  I'll be drawing the lucky winner this Friday.  Good luck everyone :)

Many blessings,
Laura

3 comments:

flip flops and pearls said...

Oh, that first pic is gorgeous. All the others are so cute!!!
And girl, I am all about me some chicken and dumplings:)

Hope your night is great,
Stay warm!

Sarah said...

For places that aren't used to the snow it is a lot to get 6-8 inches!! It could be viewed as a treat! Sledding is such fun!
We (here in Missouri) got this storm yesterday and got about 6 inches. Unfortunatly witht he wind chill it is below zero so no outside for us today. :(
Have fun with the snow.
I love the puppy pics!

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

Such a cute puppy! Thank you for stopping by my kitchen and your sweet comments! Have a great evening!!