Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This and that

Hey ya'll!
Well I feel like i've been gone FOREVER!  We've had an eventful weekend.  My older daughter was here for the weekend and decided to tell me she's not wanting to go to vet school now....
ok....usually these things don't bother me because I have no control over them but dangit!  we only got one more year to figure out what to do and really this Summer we need to be touring colleges and filling out applications for scholarships and so on and so on and so on.......UGH!!! TEENAGERS!!!!  This child has wanted to be a vet ever since she could say puppy and horse.  I'll be ok cause she's a good kid and has her head on straight so whatever she decides to do she'll be wonderful. :)  props Hayhay!

THEN I have the worst headache (it's the stinkin weather...i just know it!) It's been rainy and yucky for three days now!  BOO!!!
I had to make a zillion cookies for Bubba's class today for snack.....Note:  I didn't have to make cookies but it's what he "requested" and those big brown eyes won out over me buying a couple boxes of Little Debbie cakes.....it wasn't really a zillion but it felt like it.

 I woke up this morning at 7:25!  WHAT!!!! The kids have to be at school at 7:45.  I haven't done that in a looooonnnnnngggg time and I hate it when I do.  We had to crank it into overdrive and my "stoopid" magic wand was broke so I had to rush the poor little ones to their limits. There wasn't any major meltdowns and thank goodness we only live like 1 min from school.  They were on time.....it's officially a Wilkerson household record.
Today is my UPS man's birthday  (Mr. MB is also known around here as the UPS man) and I feel like poo! But I had to make him his favorite cupcakes, cause he's special :) and I love him more than the mail man.
One bonus was the neighborhood UPS man (not to be confused with my UPS man) stopped by and dropped off my goodies from CSN.  I had won a online certificate from Ms. Ginger at Savannah Granny's blog and finally spent it.  Ya'll need to stop by Ms. Gingers here and sign up for her 100th post give away.....she's got some really cute dessert plates and cake cutter she's giving away.  My 9 year old daughter wants to know where she can get some!  She has a little shoe ting going on.....believe me, she didn't get that from me! 
I'm truly not good at buying things for myself but I decided on this canister to hold some of my utensils.  I have a couple already but they were getting a little crowded.  I also got this tea kettle.  I had one a long time ago but don't know where it went off too and I really liked this Paula Dean kettle.  She has a really nice line of household items and I love watching her....she's a trip and reminds me of my favorite Aunt.
Not only did he drop off my goodies but brought back my embroidery machine that I had to send of to warranty for repairs during Christmas week.  I've been wondering what was going on with it and viola.....here it is! All nice and clean and fixed!
 
I've been lost without it.......but.....this....means........I gotta get back to work!   Vacay over!!!!

I've also been checking out Craigslist lately and came across this 8 piece set of  pink lacy dishes.  I'm almost in love with them....maybe it's cause Valentines Day is right around the corner ;) but they have them posted for $65 and between emails has come down to $50.  What do ya'll think?  Is it a good deal?
image 2105932793-1image 2105932793-0image 2105932793-2

Well my friends, I'm outta here for today.  I've got a couple of Valentine tutorials coming in the next week, I just gotta get my biz-ness together!
Have a great day and many blessings,
Laura

4 comments:

Anita said...

I hope you are feeling better!! I love the pink dishes! I have so been there with the whole snack thing AND the time thing too:-)

flip flops and pearls said...

I love the pink dishes,,,,,love them:)

I also love Paula Deen! I;d love to see her. I have met her sons, they are just as sweet and kind as their momma.

Have a great day,
Daph

Entertaining Women said...

I'd say that for $1.25 per piece, that's an amazing deal...plus pink is the new huge trend color for 2011. You'll be so 'in,' with your pink dishes! Be good to yourself! Sounds like you to come to an abrupt halt and feel better. Thank you for stopping by my post. Cherry Kay

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

I too need to send my embroidery machine off to have cleaned! Good for you for getting it off your to-do list :D