Monday, January 24, 2011

It's a pet par-tay!

Hope you all had a great weekend.
I'm joining Debbie at Debbiedoos Blogging and Babbling for her first ever "Pet Partay".  What a great idea and it's going to be so much fun to check out every ones "babies".
So without further adieu'......
let me introduce you to mine. 

This is Bear or as we affectionately call her Big Ole Barrrrrr....you have to say it just like this....Barrrrrrrrrrr.....drag the "r" out and do it while you pat her belly. 
Big Ole Barrrrrr loves to talk.....she sounds more like Chewbacca from the Star Wars movie.  She's 11 years old now and nothing much bothers her.  She sounds vicious but if you hold your hand out and pat her head she'll pretty much let you steal anything you want and will probably show you where it's at if you ask.

Barrrr loves the kids and really just ANYONE who will pay a little attention to her.  She also likes to "get around".  I know, I know!  Shame on us for not "fixing" the situation.  Anyway, I've always said "NO MORE DOGS!"..........then came Gerttie
What can I say?
Who wouldn't love her?  I'm not sure what she is....her daddy is terrier for sure but her mom is whatever and she is a sweetheart.

I absolutely did not want another dog....but.........my 16 year old fell in love with her.  We were at by BIL's for Halloween and went to the state park for their haunted house, games, hay rides and all kinds of fun.  My daughter had brought along little Gerttie....she was the runt of the litter and fit in the palm of Hayley's hand. 
She had been begging me to keep the puppy.  I'm strong and stood my ground...."Absolutely not!"  Then she entered Gerttie in the pet costume contest.  Wrapped a sequin scarf around her and set her on the ground in front of the judges and said she was dressed as a go-go dancer.  Poor Gerttie was shakin' so bad.....ok, ok, ok, they suckered me into it!  Gerttie didn't win the contest but won my heart :)
But I had their number....I told each one of these kiddos and my UPS man that EVERYONE will share the responsibility of this puppy.............
well, I guess we all know how this story turns out

:) 

My Gerttie

I'll be joining these party's this week, so come on and hang out with me!
Debbie at Debbiedoos Blogging and Babbling for the 1st Share Your Pet Partay
Carrie at Dittle Dattle for Amaze Me Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Susan at BNOTP on Thursday for Tablescape Thursday 

Many blessings ya'll,
Laura

11 comments:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

OK well BARRRRRRRR...and Gertie, are quite the pair. What a cute story about Gertie, I can't believe she did not win. You caved in Mom, how we can't, I totally understand, hence LUCY!!~ Thanks for sharing your special story and special furry friends with us.

flip flops and pearls said...

OMGosh.....what precious pups!!
That's a fun little bloghop!

Happy Monday:)

xinex said...

What cute puppies and so lovable. I enjoyed your sotries too, Erin....Christine

Honey at 2805 said...

Have fun with your cuties at Deb's party!

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Debbie has such wonderful ideas and I love this pet party! Thank you for linking up to Amaze Me Monday blog party too :D I love see all your family members. LOL

the cape on the corner said...

oh my gosh, such sweet pups! i liked thinking how you say Barrrrr's name, lol. you can tell alot about someone from that! stopping over from debbie's party.

Victoria said...

Your dogs are darling! I can't blame you for caving in, I think we all do that at one time or another! I caved when my boys were little and we got a yellow lab puppy. My youngest was only 18 months at the time and after the dog pooped on the floor and my youngest stepped in it, tramped it thru the whole house I really wondered what the heck I had done! But then they look at you with those puppy dog eyes and melt your heart:)

Erin said...

Awww, Bear, I mean, BARRRR, looks just like a bear. He's so sweet looking!!

And Gerttie, well how could you not love that precious face!! :)

SavannahGranny said...

So love Bear and Gerttie. They are so sweet. I know they are giving lots of looooove. Hugs, Ginger

LambAround said...

Gerttie is adorable! Kinda looks a little like our dog Biscuit :)

idesign said...

gerttie looks just like my chloe :) scruffy pups are the best!