Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's a MAJOR AWARD!!!

How sweet is Liz from Designing Domesticity that she nominated me for the
 I have to say the first thing that popped in my head was the movie A Christmas Story when the dad won the "Major Award", a leggy table lamp but then I checked out my fellow nominees and I believe I'm in some pretty good company (this is me feeling good about myself right about now)!
 
Well first let me thank Liz!  You're such a sweetie and thank you, thank you, thank you!  Ya'll need to stop by and check her blog out.  She has redone her daughters room into a BGR (big girl room) and it's absolutely beautiful.

Well, here's how this Stylish Blogger Award works:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
Whew!  7 things about myself?  Hold on!
1.  I love being a stay at home mom :)  I've had a career life, made good money and was even a director at a day care before officially retiring at the ripe old age of 38!  This has always been my dream, to raise my family and take care of them.
2.  I can play the piano, saxophone and some violin.  Last year my 8 year old daughter wanted a real guitar for her birthday (I thought AWESOME!), so we got her one and lessons.  Of course it didn't last long but one of my plans is picking that joker up and seeing what I can do. (dogs howling in the background)
3.  I've been sewing since I can remember.  My mom bought a Holly Hobbie sewing machine long ago and I still have it.
4.  I'm adopted and proud of it!  That should be on a t-shirt.  I got blessed with wonderful, Christian parents and couldn't have had a more wonderful set of role models.
5.  I almost have to watch the 1st hour of the Today Show every day while I drink my coffee.  My day is not right if this doesn't happen.  I am a total news junkie and watch the stock market.
6. One of my bucket list items is to go to New York Thanksgiving week and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.  I have watched it every year....FOREVER.....and it's just a little dream I have.
7.  Any state of sadness or bout of depression that I have can be easily solved with some good music, a cup of good coffee (or glass of wine, depending on time of day) and chocolate with peanut butter.  Obviously I'm easily fixable :)
Now here's my 15 nominations......
A Little Loveliness (Melissa's blog totally inspired my to do my own blog.  I wouldn't even have dropped into blog land if I hadn't stumbled across one of her tutorials. A beautiful and inspiring lady.)
StoneGable (many of you know Ms. Yvonne.  She is my daily inspiration and one of the first blogs I check out every day.  She also does some of the most beautiful tablescapes I've ever seen)
Elements Interiors (Kara is so talented and she is a total crack-up.  You can't help but laugh when you read any of her blogs)
Between Naps on the Porch (Susan hosts one of my favorite linky partys, Tablescape Thursday)
Type A (one of my new favs! Tammy's already been nominated but she deserves a second!)
Savvy Southern Style (Ms. Kim has such a beautiful home! I love seeing what new ideas she has in store for us!)
 Savannah Granny (I LOVE me some Ms. Ginger and her sweetheart Bob.  We started blog land around the same time and I'm so glad we found each other.  She's such a sweetie!)
The Cottage Home (Lindsay makes the most beautiful little girls dresses and has some great sewing tutorials on her blog)
Sew Chatty (OK Elizabeth is "sew" talented! Great Etsy shop also...one of my new favs)
Flip Flops & Pearls (Daph is a real sweetheart and her blog is so fun for me to read)
Debbie doos Blogging and Babbling (I have to put Debbie out there cause she's only blogger I know who puts her picture out there ever week!  Very brave my dear)
Our Southern Country Home (and farm) (Teresa!  My Mississippi girl!!!!  I love, love, love her house...it looks like a little farm out in the middle of God's land....with all this snow I wish I was Tabitha and wiggle my nose to transplant me there)
Southern In My Heart (Vanessa's blog is great, she is also starting a new linky party called "What Took Me So Long".....girl that's the story of my life!)
This Sweet Country Life (Kristin has a really sweet blog about family and home.)
Applestone Cottage (I can totally see myself living in this beautiful cottage in Wisconsin and Cindy has done a fabulous job of decorating it)

WOW!  This was harder than I thought!  There's so many inspiring old and new blogs out there!
I really hope you all enjoy reading my blog.  I honestly enjoy hearing from each one of you and welcome any comments or advice ya'll wanna pass on my way.

Many blessings,

Laura

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Laure, you are the sweetest person. Thank you so much. You are so talented! I loved reading the seven things about you. When I did mine, lets just say it was sad. If I had mentioned I had hair, it would have been an improvemnt! I'm not good about talking about myself. lol Thanks again, great blog! xx

Vanessa@Southern In My Heart said...

Hi Laura! Oh you are just too sweet and I have kind of a fun way I'm going to incorporate this award into my 100th post today! Thanks so much for passing this along to me and it was so fun to learn more about you. Did you know that we adopted our precious kiddos? I would love to talk with you more about your experience sometime! :-)
Blessings to you my friend,
Vanessa

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

Your such a sweetie. Thank you so much for the sweet comment about my home. I have to be honest, I also received this award from another blogger over the week-end, and have not been around much, so I am going to combine the two together. Let me get with it. Hope ya'll are staying warm.

xinex said...

Congrats on the well deserved award, Laura! And it is wonderful to learn more about you.

Kristin said...

Laura,
I hope you have a beautiful weekend and I see that we read some of the same blogs. I also wanted to tell you again thank you for thinking of me and for showing off Kate's work at shining the spotlight on another sweet story of adoption. My mom was adopted and had an amazing set of grandparents.
Love, Kristin