How sweet is Liz from Designing Domesticity that she nominated me for the
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
Whew! 7 things about myself? Hold on!
1. I love being a stay at home mom :) I've had a career life, made good money and was even a director at a day care before officially retiring at the ripe old age of 38! This has always been my dream, to raise my family and take care of them.
2. I can play the piano, saxophone and some violin. Last year my 8 year old daughter wanted a real guitar for her birthday (I thought AWESOME!), so we got her one and lessons. Of course it didn't last long but one of my plans is picking that joker up and seeing what I can do. (dogs howling in the background)
3. I've been sewing since I can remember. My mom bought a Holly Hobbie sewing machine long ago and I still have it.
4. I'm adopted and proud of it! That should be on a t-shirt. I got blessed with wonderful, Christian parents and couldn't have had a more wonderful set of role models.
5. I almost have to watch the 1st hour of the Today Show every day while I drink my coffee. My day is not right if this doesn't happen. I am a total news junkie and watch the stock market.
6. One of my bucket list items is to go to New York Thanksgiving week and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. I have watched it every year....FOREVER.....and it's just a little dream I have.
7. Any state of sadness or bout of depression that I have can be easily solved with some good music, a cup of good coffee (or glass of wine, depending on time of day) and chocolate with peanut butter. Obviously I'm easily fixable :)
Now here's my 15 nominations......
A Little Loveliness (Melissa's blog totally inspired my to do my own blog. I wouldn't even have dropped into blog land if I hadn't stumbled across one of her tutorials. A beautiful and inspiring lady.)
StoneGable (many of you know Ms. Yvonne. She is my daily inspiration and one of the first blogs I check out every day. She also does some of the most beautiful tablescapes I've ever seen)
Elements Interiors (Kara is so talented and she is a total crack-up. You can't help but laugh when you read any of her blogs)
Between Naps on the Porch (Susan hosts one of my favorite linky partys, Tablescape Thursday)
Type A (one of my new favs! Tammy's already been nominated but she deserves a second!)
Savvy Southern Style (Ms. Kim has such a beautiful home! I love seeing what new ideas she has in store for us!)