Tuesday, January 25, 2011

~Fun Frames~

Here's some plain Jane, cheap ole little frames I thought I'd add a little personality too.....btw....who's Jane and why is she always the one who's plain?  Why not Sally or Sue or Jenny or June?  Sorry...starting to sound like a Dr. Seuss book.
Well here we go.......I just got a couple of acrylic frames at Walmart for $1 and a wooden frame for $3 also from Walmart. 
Picked up a grouping of Valentine flowers and ribbon from the Dollar Tree.  The Spiderman figures came off my son's birthday cake last October....I never throw that stuff away cause I always think I'll use it for something, plus they charge a small fortune to add the figures to the cake.
Just get out that handy dandy glue gun and go for it!  I had to twist and turn spidey to make sure he was going to stay in place but he's on there.
These hearts were on the flower bouquet and are just styrofoam covered in glitter.....perfect for my little girl....she's all about some glitter :)
I knew exactly what picture I wanted in the wooden frame and now I can't find it!  BOOOOO!  I didn't want it to be so "Valentiney" but I really like this red ribbon with the feather edges.  I just tied a bow (I do the whole bunny ears thingy) and if I messed up or it doesn't look right, just bent it to where it looks best to me....wire ribbon is our friend :)
I also love old buttons and my mom gave me a big ole' box of them the other day.....I have a pillow project coming up with buttons.......lots of buttons....but this one didn't fit in those plans but looks great here!
Glue, glue, glue like there's no tomorrow!
Some of you might have noticed I used the little photography tips from Tracy at Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures.  This little trick works great except for the black and white photo....it washed the actual photo out and no amount of adjusting would work but I'm sooooo gonna use this trick on my Etsy shop and here....looks so professional and anything to help me look smarter, well then ya'll I'm down for it!

I'll be joining
Maleah at Little Eme for her Tute Yourself Tuesday 
Tammy at Type A for her Anything Goes party
Kara at Elements Interiors for her Whassup Wednesday
&
Ms. Kim at Savvy Southern Style for her Boring to Better party
Come and join us!

Thanks for stopping by
&
Many blessings ya'll,
Laura

6 comments:

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh the spider man frame is so clever!

Allyson Pecilunas said...

Very cute!!

Pamela said...

Too cute! My littliest would love the spidey man one!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Cute ideas for those frames. Thanks for joining the party.

Tammy said...

those are so cute, i love the spiderman one. great idea. thanks for linking up with type A!

Sarah said...

Adorable! What great ideas!