Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Birthday lunch

My UPS man, Mr. MB that is, has yet again turned another year older.....He's been busy, busy and I only get to see him for maybe an hour between jobs so I made a quick little lunch for us along with his favorite cupcakes.
I used my plain old white dishes.  The salad plates are part of a set that my Granny gave me in my hope chest for my 16th birthday.  Needless to say, after many years of moving around, I don't have a whole set any more.  The amber color tumblers are also from my Granny.  The square brown dishes are actually plastic.  I think I got them at World Market during their going out of business sale.  I think they were something like .50 a piece....so.....why not?
I got the napkins and rings from World Market too.

 
These bottles were Big Momma's (my husbands grandma).  She was all of 6'2" tall and ran a boarding house for many years and could grow any and every vegetable you could think of and everyone called her Big Momma.   I'm not sure what the bottles were used for but they are old and chipped.  I like them like that....plenty of character :)

 
I had to throw in a splash of blue for color.  

The cow cream and sugar holders are also from Big Momma's.  Poor little creamer cow is missing part of it's tail. 

 
Of course the birthday cupcakes.  They won't last long.....not around here. 
 I've been seeing a lot of bloggers scrunching up fabrics and table runners so here's my try on it.  If you remeber a while back I had purchased a whole box of fabric samples off Ebay and this was one of my fav's from the box.  I wish there was enough to make some valances for the kitchen windows but not quite   :(

 
I think creamer cow is asking for some cupcakes too.  Didn't realize how funny it looks until I downloaded it on the computer  :)

Hope you all enjoyed my tablescape this week.  I'll be joining Ms. Susan at BNOTP for her Tablescape Thursday.  Stop on over and check out some beautiful tabels.

Many blessings ya'll,

Laura

10 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Laura, first of all, I said a big awwww when I read that your grandmother put those plates in your hope chest for you. That makes them so special. And I loved all the elements you added to the table... those cool napkin rings and napkins from World Market and the jugs that had belonged to your hubby's grandmother. I like how you "scrunched" your fabric, too. Just a cute table, and if those cupcakes are missing, you won't have to look farther than a magpie nest! LOL!

Happy Birthday to your guy...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

What a pretty table setting. It all looks very pretty. This is something I have never been good at. Hope it was a happy birthday for hubby.

Katherine ( Katie) Corrigan said...

Happy birthday to Mr MB :-) Love everything for your lovely table. I have the creamer cow too :-)
Hugs

xinex said...

Those cupcakes look so creamy and delicious. They wouldn't last long here either. Your tablescaoe is pretty awesome, so many treasures. What a lovely memory about the salad plates placed by your grandma in your hope chest, Laura...Christine

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady. I love all the treasures and memorys you have in your lovely Tablescape ! I also have the plates just love them I only have four need some more.The cupcakes look so good !! and Happy Brithday MR.MB !!!...Diane

Honey at 2805 said...

Pretty table and nice vintage items. Thanks for the visit! Please pass along the news about my giveaway!

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady. Thanks so much for your Bbautiful comments about my Tablescapes you are so Sweet !! I hope you have a nice Evening with your family~~~~Diane

mississippi artist said...

Love the cow creamer and I have those same glasses.That fabric would make pretty valances- maybe you could use a solid color and use this for trim if there is enough for that.

Alycia Nichols said...

Hi, Laura! This is my first visit to your blog. I've been a faithful Tablescape Thursday girl since September 2010 and try to get to all of the posts each week, but somehow I have missed yours. I don't known why. You do monogramming? Wow!!! I JUST began to learn to sew this past Monday, and I am impressed with anyone who can get past threading the machine! ;-) LOVE the history on Big Momma! What a fun memory to take with you in life! Have a wonderful weekend, and I look forward to seeing your posts in 2011!

Marigene said...

Very pretty table, Laura...I love that you have incorporated something from both sides of the family. I love the blue syrup (?) container. The cupcakes look delicious, too!