Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Family time!

Well we went to my husbands brother and sister-in-laws home this weekend.  The boys went hunting and cutting wood and I took a few pictures.  Then me and my sister-in-law played catch up!

They have some beautiful property.  I believe around 350 acres.  Mostly wooded but so peaceful.  Here's a view out her kitchen window.  I did a close up on these hand crocheted snowflakes.  She said a customer made them for her many years ago.  She has several hanging from her curtains in the windows of the breakfast nook of the kitchen.

 You can see a few more here.  This is looking out towards the front of the house
 Her Christmas cactus in full bloom!  I love this.  If I thought I wouldn't kill it, i'd try to take a piece to regrow at my house!
These are her hand painted glasses.  Her mom painted them and she has them in this really unique cabinet.  It reminds me of one of those faberge eggs. 
 
 This is a clay pot that they brought back from Mexico.  It's huge!  She has a few different ones like this around the house with glass tops on them.  this one stands like 2 1/2 to 3 feet tall.  Can you see the stuffed bob cat in the background?  How would you like to run up on that joker?  My husband did and actually killed it with his bow!  I would have passed out while I was trying to run away like a mad woman!
She loves her roosters!  She has them all around her kitchen.

Here's what you're looking at while relaxing by the fire in their family room!  That is their tree and a shot of the full moon that night.  Check out the clouds floating by...it's really beautiful and the deer were jumping like crazy that night!  Not the ones on the wall but the ones outside :) .......  I think it's so cool that they just go out in the woods every year and hunt up a Christmas tree, cut it down and drag back on home!
Here's a shot outside the back of their house.  They call it the runway because it's really a runway.  Her mom and dad have a couple of small engine planes that they used to have "fun" in and they would land out there on the runway!  That's my man on his way back this morning from hunting.  Notice there's no buck deer in tow!  That's ok, we've been blessed this year and got the early ones and have a freezer full of meat.  Now I'm ready for turkey season!
After a rough week and some cold weather, I had a wonderful, relaxing weekend with the family.  I can't wait to get back down there Christmas evening.  I've been ordered to bring my Pancho's dip, seafood dip and Champagne punch for some snacks and game night.  This ought to be fun!

Thanks for stopping by and come back to visit me on Thursday when I join Ms. Susan for Tablescape Thursday at BNOTP.

Have a wonderful week and many blessings!

Laura

2 comments:

Kristin said...

What a great place your SIL has! And so cool about the tree and moon.
Thanks for stopping by and have a Merry Christmas!
kristin

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Hi Laura...your trip sounded great, and I enjoyed the tour. Believe me, If I have not killed my Christmas cactus either will you. Have a very Merry Christmas!