Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas tablescape

Here's my simple Christmas evening tablescape.  Just a good cup of coffee and maybe some pecan pie to ensure sweet dreams.  Reflect on the days events and of course the real meaning of Christmas. 
I think my setting says it all.
 
God said let there be light, and there was Jesus......These platters, bowls and coffee setting all came from Lifeway Christian book store a couple of years ago during an after Christmas sale and they are some of my favorite pieces.
My only nativity set
This is a Fitz and Floyd angel that a former parent at work gave me for Christmas quite a few years back.
She's beautiful and opens up at the bottom to be a little treasure box.
 Coffee anyone?
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
Luke 2:14
Just a little side note: if you get a chance look up this song, Glory in the Highest by Chris Tomlin.  This is one of my favorite songs and beautiful lyrics.
Glory in the Highest
Apart from You there is no God
Light of the world, the brightened morning star
Your name will shine for all to see
You are the one, You are my glory

Glory in the highest
I love this bowl! 
The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
Isaiah 9:2 
Yes, that's my ginormous pine cone!  What do you do with something like that anyway?  I just stick it in a bowl or basket! :)
 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6

and he is all those things and much, much more. 


Hope you enjoyed my Christmas tablescape.  I can't wait to browse through some of yours also.  You guys out there are so talented!  Of course i'll be joing Ms. Susan at BNOTP for Tablescape Thursday.  Stop on by and check out some other beautiful Christmas tablescapes!

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and many blessings,

Laura






9 comments:

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

HI Laura, beautifully done! Love how you put it all together. Very nice.
Blessings,
Merry Christmas
Debbie

Marlis said...

Love your dishes... Your cups are my favorites. Your vignette is charming. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas.

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for stopping by and your kind words! Your table is just gorgeous!!! The dishes, the nativity, everything!

Jacqueline said...

Just today while reading blogs I wondered where my parents old nativity set went to. I don't remember anyone inheritin it. Then tonight I saw yours and ours was really very similar except it had a little angel that went with it. I remember sitting her on top. What a lovely post. He is the light of the world and shines in the darkness and what a glorious thing that is. A very merry Christmas to you and yours.

Entertaining Women said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful Christmas treasures. The nativity is precious. I appreciate that you stopped by my post. Merry Christmas! Cherry Kay

HollyC said...

Hi! What a beautiful table! Your cups and bowl are so, so lovely! I've never seen cups like that before. Blessings to you and your family. Merry Christmas.
~Holly

Donnie said...

What a beautiful table you have made. I loved all your pieces especially Nativity scene. Have a Merry Christmas.

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Laura that is so sweet. The Pecan pie sounded good too! Merry Christmas to you and your family, and many blessings in 2011.

Melissa Lester said...

Laura, thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog last night. Your words really touched my heart. I pray you and yours will enjoy a wonderful Christmas in the warmth of family. Blessings, Melissa