Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas behind the walls?

I think I've mentioned before that my husband inherited this home from his mother.  After many, many, many months of cleaning and a couple of dumpsters later we were able to move in.   My mother-in-law was a hoarder I mean saver.  Probably one of the coolest finds was upstairs behind the walls.  I believe at one time it used to be storage behind that wall and eventually got sheet rocked over when the upstairs was turned into an efficiency apartment (it's sorta the master suite now).  Anyway here's one of the cool finds.

Christmas plates!

A little closer view.  I think the farm animals are kinda cute!
 
Cup and saucer
 With Santa driving the sleigh

Pulled by the farm animals....I guess the reindeer needed a break
 
A few extra settings in case some friends stop by

My miniature sleigh and pine cones.  There's no way my massive pine cone will fit in this sleigh for sure.  Check out my blog below for that picture!
 
 
I have to show off my Zarafina tea maker.  It was a past Christmas gift from a friend.  It is the coolest thing EVER!  I love the Adagio line of tea leaves.  They have a Mango tea that's awesome anytime of the year.  Tonight, it's strawberry!



Thanks for stopping by and checking out my tablescape.  I will be joining Ms. Susan at BNOTP for Tablescape Thursday.  Come back soon and see how we Deck The Halls too.  I'm also visiting Ms. Kim at Savvy Southern Style for her Boring to Better party.

I'm so glad you stopped by.  Don't forget to "follow" me and let me know what you think!  Pass me on to your friends also....I'm new to this but I'm trying to gain enough followers to get a little give away started up.....just in time for Christmas!

Thanks and many blessings,

Laura




9 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Oh now, these dishes speak to me! Would you be so kind as to e-mail me with any names or markings on the back? Thanks and enjoy:@)

Johanna said...

Hello Laura,

what a beautiful find amoung so many saved things. I can imagine the work to clean this house as much as I can feel how your MIL wasn't able to through anything away. They feel very emotional about every thing, because with all this things are connected with memories. Really difficult for everybody. But in the end you got a bounty for the work, this dishes are really lovely. Everybody will love it.
Greetings, Johanna

Barbara said...

What a find! So glad that you discovered them.

Mimi said...

I love those dishes! I am sure my kids are going to refer to me as a hoarder of dishes, sad but true.

Kristin said...

Wow! What an unexpected surprise!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment.
Merry Christmas!
Kristin

Entertaining Women said...

Behind the walls....that's amazing! The china is darling, and I like that you honor his mom by using it at Christmas. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Anita said...

Wow, you are kidding!! Those are amazing! I cannot believe you found them. My mother is a hoarder, plain and simple! But it's nice to borrow from her! Thanks for stopping by!!

Katherine ( Katie) Corrigan said...

Beautiful!I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Wishing you happiness, Katherine
P.S. I'm having a giveaway please stop by and enter :-)

Joni said...

what lovely christmas dinnerware. i am trying to find a set of holiday dishes that i love but have not had any luck so far.