Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Boring to Better ~ Christmas style!

Welcome to my first Boring to Better party hosted by Ms. Kim at Savvy Southern Style.  Grab a cup of coffee, kick your feet up and check out some of the entries on the 'button' below. 
Be ready to be inspired!

Here's a before.....
and ~voila~ after!
 a few of my favorite decorations.....my sister makes porcelain dolls and quite a many years ago she made these porcelain angels....she fired them in the kettle, sanded them down and hand painted them herself...this one even has lace attached to the bottom
 a smaller one she made
 I know, I know...I'll have to wait in line for Edward but believe me I'd try REALLY hard to be good if Santa gave me a chance :)  {Twilight series for those who don't know who "Edward" is}
 I love the Victorian style shoes and delicate butterflies....this butterfly is very special to me....when my dad passed away, my sister and I had ordered a wreath to place at his funeral....it had the most beautiful orange and yellows mums and a sash that said ~Daddy~ and this delicate little butterfly....it was such a welcome surprise, just like maybe Daddy had it put there.  I kept it all these years and keep it out and about around the house all year and this year it finds it's way on our tree
 

Yes, it's a real pine cone....my friend brought this to me last year from her trip to the Sierra Nevada Mountains....it's HUGE!  These pine trees are 175 to 200 feet tall!  I just can't even imagine and I can't figure out just what to do with it....so for now it's sitting in a bucket along side some "regular" pine cones from the yard

This was my mother in laws ceramic Christmas tree.  I have no idea how old it is but my brother in-law is in his 50's and remembers it from when he was young....of course there's bulbs missing...I just need to find somewhere that sells them. 
I bought this plate the first year me and my husband were married......Santa is one of my "behind the attic wall" finds and he's in pretty good shape...I'm pretty sure my name is on that list too! 

I hope you enjoyed some of my Christmas decorations....Join me Thursday on BNOTP for Tablescape Thursday....If you're visiting me for the first time, please come back again and don't forget to "follow" me and invite your friends too, I'll be hosting some give-aways soon if I get enough followers.

Thanks and many blessings!
Laura

6 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Good morning Laura, thanks so much for sharing your Christmas lovelies. That tree is stunning and that is one huge pinecone!!

Skooks said...

My nana had one of those ceramic trees! I wonder what happened to that thing?

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I just love your tree! Everything looks great and festive!

black tag diaries said...

fun decorations! and that pinecone is GINORMOUS!!

Pamela said...

Beautiful tree and decorations. The butterfly story is touching and such a special part of your tree. I trust you have a CHRISTmas full of love and peace.

Liz said...

I DID enjoy your holiday tour! :) I love the butterfly and the story is so sweet. I wish you a very Merry Christmas!

~Liz