Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving tablescape...better late than never

Thanksgiving is here already!  Tomorrow in fact and man I gotta get in that kitchen tonight.  If you get a chance, drop by BNOTP and check out all the fabulous tablescapes for Thanksgiving. 
This year we are going to my husbands brother and sister-in-laws home.  The boys usually get up and go hunting and this year Bubba was gonna make his first Thanksgiving hunt with the big boys....then the weather man said 80% chance of rain and thunderstorms....great!  He's going to be devastated.....he even went to bed early so he could get up and go with daddy and Uncle Shorty....maybe next year :(
So as it is there really isn't any need to set a big table up so I set up for me and my love to come back home and have some coffee and dessert over a little candle light and.....voila! Thanksgiving romance! hehe

~Here we go~

I bought this pie keeper at Lifeway Christian store one year after season.  They have the best deals when you go after season.  Oh, I know the pie server needs polishing!


Who is that beautiful girl?  She got her ears pierced for the first time today!  She was so nervous and now she's so proud of them.

Got the place mats and napkins at World Market when they were going out of business a couple years ago.  I stocked up on linens and yet I still don't have enough......this.....is.....an.....addiction..... 

I got 4 of these saucers at a yard sale....the price on the set was $1....I thought those are nice, then I flipped them over and almost flipped out!
These cups were found when my mother-in-law passed away......she had a dishes stashed here and cups stashed there all over the house!  It took us weeks to go through everything and even though we didn't find "complete" sets, we found 2 cups, 2 saucers and 2 plates in this pattern.  Come back next month for some Christmas dishes I found behind a wall upstairs!  Don't think they're worth anything but still cool to find nice pieces....it was like a treasure hunt!

 My daughter said this tassel was her favorite part.

This pumpkin was the one Bubba picked when we went on his pumpkin patch field trip.

It's hard to tell but this ceramic pumpkin set lights up on the inside....another great deal I found at Lifeway.

 Mr. Scarecrow is doing his job and keeping the 2-legged pests away from my pie......I love white pumpkins.....I waited and waited and waited and waited for after season for these to go on sale....it was a long wait! 


Well I truly hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and have many things to be thankful for this year.....as one of my Facebook friends posted....."Thanksgiving is a good thing: thanks living is better"
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

3 comments:

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

What a gorgeous table and I am agreeing with your dear daughter...I LOVE the tassel :)

Blessings!
Gail

Entertaining Women said...

I love that you had such good results from the treasure hunt in your mother-in-law's house. Beautiful pieces. I look forward to the Christmas dishes from behind the stairs. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Laura Wilkerson said...

Ms. Cherry Kay and Ms. Gail, Thank you so much for your kind comments. I'm following you both now. What lovely blogs! Ms. Cherry Kay i'm sure you already know this but what a beautiful daught, beautiful voice and beautiful song. How proud you must be!
Visit again when you can!
Happy Holidays